From:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:20:26 -0400
Fellow birders,

     Yesterday, I was fortunate enough (with help) to find an Eastern
Screech Owl in a tree cavity.  Another one was heard calling nearby.  Would
it be correct to assume that this is, in fact, a nesting cavity?  The owl
was found at dusk and posed for pictures, but never left the cavity.

     I suspect that this is a nest cavity, but there are those out there
who can shed more light on this topic.  I'm especially interested in the
time period that Screech owls nest in Central Ohio.  Looked at about five
sites on line, so far, with no luck.

     I've made three Screech owl boxes, so far, and will make more.  Will
put them up all over Perry County to help these birds out.

joe faulkner
somerset, ohio
perry county