OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2006

From:
Tracey Knierim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:33:36 -0500
A couple of people have written about the peregrine on the 480 cingular
sign.  Ever since then I have been watching for this bird with hopes of
seeing it. I get really frustrated when they write to say they saw it and I
was there at the same time and didn't see it.   I was beginning to think
this was a practical joke they were playing on me or I needed my eyes
checked.  But this morning I finally saw the bird on the sign.
Unfortunately I can not verify that this was the peregrine..there are 4
lanes of rush hour traffic going at least 65 miles per hours and I am in the
far lane.  Kind of hard to use the binos in those conditions - when you're
driving!  Ha ha.  I can say that it was a raptor.  I thought I saw a belly
band, but I don't think this bird was big enough for a red tail.  I will
look at pictures on the internet later to see if I can verify that I really
saw the peregrine.  But at this point I can only say it was a raptor and
probably the peregrine everyone else has been seeing.  I hope it was the
peregrine, but even if it wasn't, I'm just glad I finally saw a bird on the
sign.  I guess I'm not blind after all!  Ha ha

Happy Turkey Day to all!

Tracey Knierim

Auburn Twp - Geauga County

(this posting is from Valley View (?) in Cuyahoga County)