OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2010

From:
Patty McKelvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patty McKelvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:06:42 -0400
Arrived home from work and found a pair of eastern bluebirds checking out
our purple martin house - wonder how they liked it. At the end of May a
purple martin stayed at the house for 2 weeks but sadly didn't stick
around. While walking the dog this evening, I checked on the killdeer nest
I'd been watching and the eggs had hatched! 4 fuzzy miniature killdeer
were scampering around while mother killdeer lured the dog and I away.
Also seen on our walk:

4 chimney swifts
1 cardinal
12+ robins