OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2013

From:
Mike Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 10:35:05 -0400
Hi Hayward,

I have the Monarch 5's 8x42.  They have been recomended by so many birding
groups.  I like the fact that the roof prism is made of "eco-glass." The do
not use arsenic or lead in the manufacturing process.  It seemed to make
more sense me to use the model number as the alphabet soup of Nikon binos
can be confusing.  Some places call them sport optics others refer to them
as ATB (All-terrain Binoculars).  I love my Monarch 5's 8x42 (model #
7542).  However, Nikon has since changed the model number to: 7576.

Hope this helps,
Mike H.