OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2011

From:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 19:58:12 -0400
Hi All,

Please forgive this off-topic posting, but I wanted to make sure folks were aware of this workshop opportunity.

Ohio Nature Education is hosting a Dragonflies and Damselflies Workshop on Saturday, August 13th from 9:00 a.m.-Noon.  Workshop participants will learn about the natural history of some of the dragonflies and damselflies you might find in the central Ohio area and how to identify them.  Then you'll have the opportunity to venture into the Taft Reserve for hands-on, in-the-field learning to see what kind of Odonates live there.

The workshop will be presented by Dr. Tom Schultz, Tight Family Professor in the Natural Sciences at Denison University.  Dr. Schultz has studied and published extensively on communication in Damselflies and Dragonflies from around the world.  He is also an accomplished and talented instructor.

This workshop is being held at the William C. Kraner Nature Center which is located at 10380 Fairview Rd., Newark, Ohio 43056; just 5.5 miles southeast of downtown Newark.  There is a $10 workshop fee at the door.

You can learn more about Ohio Nature Education, the William C. Kraner Nature Center, and this and other program opportunities at the website: www.ohionature.org

Thanks,

Casey Tucker
Board of Directors-Member
Ohio Nature Education

Ohio Nature Education is committed to creating an awareness of and appreciation for Ohio's natural habitat and wildlife by offering informative and entertaining education opportunities. Our hope is to instill in each person we meet a sense of conservation and stewardship for our natural world.