OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2009

From:
Victor Fazio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Fazio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 10:43:30 -0700
Given the recent commentary, I thought some metrics
on eBird participation in Ohio may be of interest.

As of 16 Jun 2009, the following 16 counties had seen
the least coverage.

COUNTY
CHECKLISTS
SPECIES TOTAL

Monroe
9
61

Noble
11
98

Van Wert
14
47

Harrison
18
72

Morgan
20
84

Vinton
24
110

Perry
29
66

Carroll
32
105

Jackson
34
106

Belmont
36
141

Paulding
43
99

Guernsey
54
125

Fayette
55
114

Lawrence
60
119

Morrow
66
116

Pike
75
159
... and the top 16 counties

Montgomery
1283
245

Clermont
1402
248

Warren
1443
258

Lake
1456
268

Geauga
1508
217

Erie
1691
276

Portage
1734
230

Delaware
2090
265

Richland
2148
241

Summit
3613
255

Ottawa
3943
301

Lucas
4155
307

Hamilton
4470
259

Cuyahoga
4790
299

Lorain
5001
290

Franklin
6638
271
Visually this translates into this national map
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/images/GoogleEarthCountymap.jpg

Ohio compares with these top national counties

Wisconsin
Milwaukee
15565
327

Minnesota
St. Louis
16333
324

Massachusetts
Essex
16398
400

California
Los Angeles
19071
489

Illinois
Cook
21476
341

New York
Tompkins
24285
305
For more on eBird's MOST WANTED COUNTIES ... view this article.
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/news/ebirds-most-wanted-counties

thanks to all who participate in eBird

Vic Fazio
Lawton, OK