OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2012

From:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
richard banish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:05:04 -0400
headed out westward this morning from easrern Cuyahoga Cty (to get away from lake effect rain and fog       first bird was Willoughby Hills (RT 6)Bald Eagle (1 in the usual spot) - 7:20           7:38 @ Gordon Park Boat Launch - NOTHING!!           7:40 @ west side of Inner City Yacht Club     Coots - 7     Horned Grebe - 3      FOY Chipping Sparrow - 2      CaGoose - 4       7:48 to the "J"     Mallard - 4CaGoose - 16       Ring-necked Duck - 5     Hooded Merganser - 1      Bufflehead - 2       on the way down the marginal road i stopped many time looking @ yacht clubs and peeks thruthe fence/bushes and could only find a fewMallards and Coots all the way to The Rock & RollHall of Fame       headed west to Sandy Ridge Reservation in Lorain Cty next (my first and not my last trip there!) - NICE place for birds!      8:49 Sandy Ridge -     Robins  RWBbirds   HSparrows   BJays   TTMics   CaGo     RWBbirds   Grackles   Flickers   Cardinals   Chickadees   Downies   Hairies   RBellies   Cowbirds EMeadowlark - 1     a HUGE flock of RUSTY BLACKBIRDS escorted me out of the wooded area to the wet area - i will be conservative in saying that there were well over 100, most likely around 200 of these birds, they kept streaming out of the wooded area to just west of the start of the water (my first ever Rusties!) additionally i found other great stuff in the wet area -  Killdeer - 8+  Wood Ducks - 4   Coots - 50+   Bufflehead - 4   Bald Eagle - 1 (Imm)   Tree Swallows - 10+   Ring-necked Ducks - 2   NShoveler - 15+   RBGull - 3   Mute Swan - 1   Bluebird - 1   Song Sparrow - 10+   HGrebe - 2   Field Sparrow - 10+   Green-winged Teal - 10+   RSHawk - 1    GREAT DAY!!   buster