OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2009

From:
"James B. Cole" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Cole
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 16:16:43 -0500
Greetings -
    As a lifelong Indiana resident who's just recently moved to NW Ohio,
this is my first post to the OH-Birds listserv.  My new office is
located here at TNC's Kitty Todd Nature Preserve near Swanton.  An
ailing knee (and 24 inches of snowpack!) have prevented me from
exploring, but we've had a few interesting sightings here in the last
two days:

Monday:  2 Feb
White-winged Crossbill - 5 (flyover only, and at least two
raspberry-colored males observed, serendipitously observed as I got out
of my car and headed into the office)
Pine Siskin - 8 (also calling/singing vociferously when I arrived,
perched in the trees behind the barn)

Tuesday:  3 Feb
Field Sparrow - 1 (foraging in the Solidago on the eastern side of our
building)

Hopefully I'm having something more in-depth and fascinating to report
as weather/health prevail in early spring.  Regardless, I'm looking
forward to meeting the resident birders and visiting the locales of NW
Ohio.

Good birding,

James Cole
Lucas County

________________________________

James Cole
Ohio Migratory Bird Conservation Program Manager

(419) 867-4025 (Phone)
(419) 377-9708 (Mobile)
(419) 867-8049 (Fax)

nature.org <https://remote.tnc.org/,DanaInfo=nature.org+>