OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:32:15 -0500
Grand Lake SM is hosting thousands of Mallards and thousands of Canada Geese
today!! Some of the Canada's are "wild geese" because they are spooky! (They
fly when you get too close!)
There were about 6-8 Green Wing Teal and several N Shovelers.
And far out on open water, we saw a Mute Swan, more Canadas and Mallards.
And then the second pair of Bald Eagles!! Probably the Prairie Creek pair
because we saw the Mercer pair at the Wildlife Area!
We also saw ONE Double Crested Cormorant!!! :-(
Isn't it time he left!! This is the latest I have ever seen a DCC on this
Lake.
Also saw 4 Redtail Hawks, 2 N Harrier females.
Oh, and we saw an 8 point buck on the area! Made my husband drool!!!
Happy Holidays,
Jill