OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Dave Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:37:08 -0500
This is a really late post but I stopped at Castalia Pond on Saturday.
http://www.ohiobirds.org/birdingsites/showsite.php?Site_ID=32

Gadwall - many
American Wigeon - 20+
Northern Shoveler - many
Mallards - several hundred
Canada Goose - too many

Note: If the links below are broken, just copy then paste it in your browser.

Then there were these Mallards?  I am assuming that these are some sort of domestic hybrid Mallards?  I am guessing from the bill and the black spot at the tip of the bill?
http://www.watware.com/photography/photosingle.php?cur_cat=0&curl2=0&curl3=2&phdir=01_Animals/01_Birds/03_Ducks&photoname=35_Mallard%20Hybrid%20(Domestic)&phgroup=Ducks

Photos of some of the other waterfowl:  The Wigeons were a first for me!

American Wigeon
http://www.watware.com/photography/photosingle.php?cur_cat=0&curl2=0&curl3=2&phdir=01_Animals/01_Birds/03_Ducks&photoname=20_American%20Wigeon&phgroup=Ducks

Northern Shoveler
http://www.watware.com/photography/photosingle.php?cur_cat=0&curl2=0&curl3=2&phdir=01_Animals/01_Birds/03_Ducks&photoname=15_Northern%20Shoveler&phgroup=Ducks

Gadwall
http://www.watware.com/photography/photosingle.php?cur_cat=0&curl2=0&curl3=2&phdir=01_Animals/01_Birds/03_Ducks&photoname=10_Gadwall&phgroup=Ducks

If you cannot get any of the long links to work, try this one
http://www.watware.com/photography/photoview.php?cur_cat=0&curl2=0&curl3=2

Dave Watkins
Cuyahoga Falls
Summit County