From:
Steve Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 21:24:41 -0400
Mary,
I was also at Eastwood this evening. I can confirm that there were 2 female red-breasted mergansers present, as well as 3 horned grebes that were almost in full breeding plumage. Also present were about 6-8 common loons, in various stages of molt into breeding plumage. There was a very interesting common loon which appeared to have a gray nape because of molt pattern, so I would warn anyone who goes tomorrow to be extra careful. I stayed from about 6pm until dusk and did not see the PALO.

Steve Landes
Sent from my iPhone