OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2006

From:
Gus Fargus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gus Fargus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:32:20 -0800
Hello Ohio birders! After seeing mother safely to her church bus this morning I drove to Deer Creek to see the Northern shrike. I could not find the bird near the beach gate. But four gentleman birdwatchers from Cincinati showed me that the bird was in an old abandoned shrubby and weedy parking lot near a basketball court next to the nice parking lot near the beach. On the Deer Creek map there is a basketball picture near the beach area. This is about where the shrike was this morning. And also in the field with two old buildings next to the old parking lot. Thank you to the men for sharing their scopes with me. I was able to enjoy this great bird with up close views!!! On Sunday morning December 10, I should add!!! THanks to all those who have shared news of this bird!!!

  Gus Fargus
  Preble County