OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2015

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 2015 00:15:49 +0000
 I went to Villa/Wildwood Parks on the east side of Cleveland today from 11am to 2pm.  I arrived late so I did not see a lot of warblers that others might of seen.  Did see six new species this fall at these parks. New birds seen: golden-crowned kinglets (3), ruby-crowned kinglet (1), dark-eyed junco (1), yellow-rumped warblers (2) white-throated sparrows-multiple dozens, Lincoln's sparrow (2).
warblers: in additional to yellow-rumped, common yellowthroat (5), American redstart (1), Wilson's (1), magnolia (3), ovenbird (1)
also seen: brown thrasher (2), rose-breasted grosbeak (1), philadelphia vireo, (1) house wrens (2), more chickadees than normal, swainson's thrush (5), green heron (1), black-crowned night-heron-1 adult.
the yellow-rumped warblers were drinking from a puddle of water in the villa angela woods, the junco was also in villa angela woods south of lake but near the mobile home park fenceline, the lincoln's sparrow and common yellowthroats were in the huge mass of goldenrod in the field north of library, ovenbird seen near entrance before you go into field.
also, four wild turkeys crossing highland road just east of karl road in richmond heights as I was driving to park.
Nancy Andersonrichmond heightshttps://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a