From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:57:40 -0700
I have a few additional birds to add to Denny's post.  I came home today and saw Craig Holts post about checking your local patch so I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood State Parks on the eastside of Cleveland just like he said.  It was lightning at my house but I got to Villa Angela by 5:30pm and stayed til 7pm.  It rained continually.  I was in Villa Angela most of the time. The field area and the main "silver maple" woods north of of birch woods was full of birds flying back and forth.  Many Song Sparrows seen also near lake.  The area just south of the bathhouse was very good also.  That's where the Sapsuckers were.  Here are my highlights:

Black-crowned Night-Herons 2 adults west side of Euclid Creek north of bridge on dead trees near water south of bathhouse FOS for me

American Coot 1
Horned Grebe 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 3
Northern Flickers  13 (10 VA & Wildwood)
Eastern Phoebe 3 VA
Brown Creepers 8 (5VA & 3Wildwood)
Golden-crowned Kinglet 6 (4VA & 2Wildwood) more than I had time to find
Hermit Thrush 1 (Wildwood woods)as soon as I walked in the woods (FOS)

Eastern Towhee  3-4 (at least 3 males two were chasing each other & calling all over VA
Fox Sparrows 8 (5 VA & 3 Wildwood)
Field Sparrow 1 near parking lot near creek
Song Sparrows 17+
Dark-eyed Juncos 4

Picture taking was almost impossible as my camera kept getting wet and it was overcast and dark.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/