OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Tom Domin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Domin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:45:40 -0500
My wife and I saw sandhill cranes in a field at the NW corner of E. Danville Rd. and Sherry Rd. in Highland county, on Sat. Dec. 17th.  There were probably around 100 in that field.

We were able to spot the snowy owl in a field at the NE corner of Cygnet Rd. and Otsego Pike, in Wood county, on Sun., Dec. 18th.

Short video's have been posted on YouTube.  Search "tdomin1" and "snowy owl" or "sandhill cranes".  If you search "tdomin1" you will see all of the videos which we have posted.  Most were recorded in central Ohio parks.

The video of the snowy owl is of poor quality due to the distance, haze and wind.

Tom and Rosemary Domin
Galena, OH