From:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leidy Gabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:49:29 -0700
Mo Bacik and I counted hawks from the tower at Magee from 1100-1530 today:

Turkey Vulture  172
Osprey  1
Northern Harrier  13
Sharp-shinned Hawk  93
Red-shouldered Hawk  3
Broad-winged Hawk  26
Red-tailed Hawk  64
American Kestrel  5
Merlin  1

The Merlin was a highlight, buzzing by the tower at eye level, as was the Broad-winged tally for the date - many of them fairly low over the tower, as well.  Unbelieveable was the complete absence of Cooper's from the tally, besides the local patrolling.

Warblers on the boardwalk included Pine, LA Waterthrush, and Palm, and a Blue-winged was also reported.  Two Snowy Egrets were flybys.

Good birding -
Gabe Leidy
Cleveland