OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2021

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:24:51 -0400
Today was chase day. I tried for the Monroe, Warren County Ross's Goose
first. No success. I spent about an hour in that area. Hitting spots 3 or 4 times.
And every scan was different. Those geese are moving around up there!

Next was the Long-tailed Duck at Caeser Creek - Furnas shore boat ramp..
That is an ebird hot spot if anyone wanted an exact location. I didn't see it
when scanning right at the waters edge, but did pick up on it - and coot and
Bufflehead - when I scanned from back up top of the boat ramp. It was straight
out. And far of course! Actively feeding. Good one for the SW Ohio big year!
These big reservoirs are producing! And homeowners - I am still in awe with
that Brown Painted Bunting and the gracious homeowners!

I haven't gotten any of the early spring arrivals yet, but am not looking too
hard. They will happen. I am trying to get my big misses. Three more to go!
While I still have a chance.

I want to get to Adams County soon. That's probably the farthest for
my big year counties. Hopefully next week!

Nature notes - Red Maple and something blooming! Good for the birds
and bugs. And the Claritin people,

Good birding all, and nice to read all the reports!

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini