OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2022

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2022 18:50:23 -0400
Lots of species still singing! I was on the OOS trip with Melisa Wales.
Infirmary Rd. - Vinton County. I even heard a close Grasshopper Sparrow!
Henslows sparrows there. Bobolinks gone - probably the recent mowing.
Blue Grosbeak singing. Prairie Warbler. Wood Thrush. Etc. A great trip
To a former strip mine area.

I hit a couple Pike County hotspots on the way home. White lake state
Park was very slow. Didn't help that it looked like no public access around
The lake. I didn't know how to bird it in other words. But the Rt. 32 rest
Stop hot spot was very birdy! Nothing out of the ordinary. But lots of
Singing. I have had some good birding at rest stops!

Clermont County airport for an Uppie try. No. Lots of Meadowlarks.
And another Blue Grosbeak.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini