OHIOAIR Archives

September 2006

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Mahler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:58:02 -0400
Hi Larry,

I'd just like to point out that the IPEDS questions have changed over
the years, and so the reason you can't find the data through PAS is that
those data were not collected in those years. As far as I know, PAS
provides access to all IPEDS data - even the data collected through the
old paper surveys prior to 2000.

So the data may not be available from any single source. Most are part
of the CDS, but there's no central repository of such data and many
institutions do not complete that voluntary survey.

Good hunting!
Bill

William A. Mahler, Ph.D.
Director of Institutional Research & Assessment
Albion College
611 East Porter Street
Albion MI 49224
Phone: 517-629-0835
Fax: 517-629-0476
Email: [log in to unmask]

Teach us to number our days aright,
   that we may gain a heart of wisdom. - Psalm 90:12

>>> [log in to unmask] 9/19/2006 11:07 AM >>>
Hello all!

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful late-summer/early-fall day!
It's
gorgeous here in central Ohio.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of
finding some historical IPEDS data.  My president and I are working
together on a benchmarking project, and he wants me to find some
historical data on our selected group of schools.  I've tried using
the
Peer Analysis System, but some of the data for which I'm searching is
not available on the PAS for some of the years my president wants
data.

Specifically, I'm looking for data for the 2000 and 2002 years (fall
semesters, presumably) and for the areas of

-          acceptance rate (for all students, not just first-time,
full-time freshmen)

-          ACT composite scores (ranges, preferably)

-          Fall to fall retention rates

-          6-year graduation rates

If anyone has any advice on where I can look, other than the PAS, I'd
be
most appreciative.

Thank you.

Larry

Larry T. Hunter, MBA

Director, Office of Institutional Research

140 Erskine Hall

Ohio Dominican University

1216 Sunbury Road

Columbus, Ohio 43219