OHIOAIR Archives

October 1995

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rod Nimtz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 07:09:56 -0500
We are working on a plan for research on our campus and are at the point
of defining which student cohorts to identify and track.  Are there
specific groups which institutions, particularly regional campuses,
identify?  Some of the obvious ones which we have already identified are
students who begin at the same time as first time college students,
students who begin at the same time who are transfer students, and some
academic majors.

Another question - how do institutions define "at risk" students, or what
multiple definitions are used?

Finally - what definition is used, or generally accepted, for deliniating
traditional and non-traditional students?  Is it a matter of age, or a
question of not proceeding directly from high school to post-secondary
programs?

Rod Nimtz
Assistant to the Executive Director
Miami University Middletown Campus