OHIOAIR Archives

March 2000

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Larry Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:19:08 -0500
..for helping make the OAIRP Spring Conference the tremendous success that it was!

Thank you, first, to my colleagues on the Executive Committee who helped me in making the arrangements for yesterday...everything from your great ideas during our brainstorming sessions (Thank God for e-mail!) to helping set up displays yesterday to doing registration yesterday to "mc"-ing the show to, well, just everything!   Not a bad conference for our "first time out", huh, gang?!  hehe

Second, A BIG THANK YOU to our fantastic speakers....Dr. John Milam, Dr. William Knight, and Dr. Rob Sheehan...you three were phenomenal and we as a group are better today for having experienced your talks yesterday.

Finally, a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you...the membership of OAIRP who were able to attend the conference.  According to Becky Geltz, we had 57 people in attendance, which far surpassed my expectations!  I, along with the Executive Committee, am extremely grateful to all of you for taking time from your busy schedules (that can be such a cliche at times..."busy schedule"...but we as IR and Planning people know..it's not a cliche, it's the truth!) to attend the conference.  Based on the feedback I have received, I think I am safe in saying that it was a worthwhile day for all who were able to come, and that makes me so happy to say!  Again, from the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!

And, a note to those of you who were not able to attend...we missed you and we hope we will see you in Cincinnati in May, in Columbus in July, and in Columbus again in October.  Plans have already begun for the OAIRP Autumn Conference.  More details will follow at a later date.

Until then, let me say once and for all....THANK YOU!  NOW, GET BACK TO WORK!  hahaha!

Larry Hunter
Chairperson, 2000 OAIRP Spring Conference
1999-2000 OAIRP Vice-President