OHIOAIR Archives

September 2004

OHIOAIR@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Karen Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ohio Association for Institutional Research (Ohio AIR)
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:51:01 -0400
In FY 2004, Ohio State had 1,300+ "cross-registered" students.  45% of
these students were either identified at our Columbus campus taking at
least one regional campus course. 48% were identified at one of our
regional campuses taking at least one Columbus campus course.  7% were
identified at one of our regional campuses and taking at least one
course at another regional campus.

Karen Miller
Resource Planning Analyst
The Ohio State University
Resource Planning
2050 Blankenship/901 Woody Hayes Drive
Institutional Research and Planning
19C Bricker/190 N Oval Mall
Columbus, OH  43210
Phone:  614-292-1312
Fax:    614-292-2191
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/22/04 08:12AM >>>
On Miami's regional campuses we have number of students that we serve
from
other Miami campuses.  For example, there are a number of Oxford
students
taking courses on both regional campuses (or at off site locations
where we
offer courses), and a number of "cross registered" students who are
identified at one regional campus but taking classes on the other
regional
campus.

I wonder if other institutions with regional campuses or regional
campus
systems experience the same phenomenon, and to what extent.  We have
the
rather unusual situation of having both regional campuses located in
the
same county as the main campus which is perhaps the strongest
contributing
factor - but I wondered if our colleagues at Kent, Ohio State, Akron,
and
Ohio University experienced the same thing as we do.

Roderick E. Nimtz
Assistant Executive Director * Miami University Middletown * 4200
East
University Boulevard * Middletown, Ohio * 45042
Phone (513) 727-3345 * Fax (513) 727-3469 * www.muohio.edu/voalc