OHIOFIRE Archives

January 2001

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Watkins, Lewis (WATKINLJ)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:28:47 -0500
Ed,

Each summer quarter the University of Cincinnati opens a vacant residence
hall, high rise building to the Cincinnati Fire Department for training on
tactical high rise firefighting techniques.  They are extremely appreciative
of this offer.

It permits them training opportunities they would not normally have.
Companies from all over the city participate with rescue & ladder
evolutions, and supplying standpipe systems & discharging water.  For effect
a safe smoke generator is used.

Lewis J. Watkins Jr.
Fire Safety Supervisor
University of Cincinnati - Department of Public Safety
Three Edwards Center
PO Box 210215
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0215
Office: (513) 556-4934