OHIOFIRE Archives

May 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James Trubia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 15:49:26 -0700
At 3:22PM 5/2/00 -0700, you wrote:
Michael, even though we would like to count this response as a fire drill,
I do not.  I have been involved with some agencies that do.

It is important that the fire official conducting the fire drill be
on-scene prior to the activation to observe:
* the evacuation process (did they use the escape plan, did they all leave
the building)
* did persons use elevators,
* were the persons with disabilities get evacuated,
* did the evacuation mapped pre-plan work or does it need revisited,
* did all strobes/horns work,
* did the main fire panel & remote panels work correctly

Please review the attached form that I produced for use during FIRE DRILLS

Good try.
James G. Trubia, Fire Protection Manager
University of Oregon