OHIOFIRE Archives

February 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Deatherage <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 01:28:17 EST
Hi,

I'm hoping that maybe you can help clarify an issue regarding storage of LP
cylinders for use with BBQ grills.  In non-residential facilities not
frequented by the public (such as industrial facilities) NFPA 58 allows
storage in one location not to exceed 300 lb LPG.

My thoughts are, when they speak of industrial facilities, they are speaking
of facilities with an industrial process requiring LPG storage (beyond bbq).

Where can I find guidance on incidental storage of cylinders for use with a
BBQ?

I appreciate any assistance you may offer.

Thanks,

Bill Deatherage