OHIOFIRE Archives

December 1999

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Kevin L. Jump" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:44:59 -0500
Our policy is on our web site. http://www.louisville.edu/admin/dps/fire/heat.htm

Sgt. Kevin L. Jump, University Fire Marshal
University of Louisville Police
2126 South Floyd Street, Suite 100
Louisville, KY 40208
(502) 852-7294    Office
(502) 852-7719    Fax

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/09/99 08:02AM >>>
We are in the process of developing a policy on space heaters.  As UVA
is a mix of very old to very new buildings, some buildings and spaces
suffer from inadequate and/or poorly distributed heat.  We have
considered an outright ban, however, that would not necessarily be fair
to those that are suffering, especially those that may be particularly
impacted by the cold.  We would appreciate any ideas and insights on
this issue.
Thank you.