OHIOFIRE Archives

February 2000

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Mitchell, Louis J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
International Association of Campus Fire Safety Officials <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:18:28 -0600
We have been using the Tisor system for seven years.  We have been
experiencing significant problems this year using the data since we updated
the system with the latest software version (Y2K Proof) and switched from
the data-wands to the laser scanner (Dolphin).  After two months of working
with Tiscor I hope we have found the problem and solution.  We needed to
index the data-set and put the data on a stand-alone computer.  The Tiscor
service through the event was satisfactory.

We have approximately 5000 fire extinguishers scanned into the data-base.

Lou Mitchell, Associate Director
Environmental Health & Safety
Iowa State University
Ames, IA  50011