OHIOFIRE Archives

August 1999

OHIOFIRE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
greg merkle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fire Safety Professionals at Ohio Colleges & Universities <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:05:13 -0400
Dan,
We do annual training on the use of fire extinguishers for
laboratory TA's, graduate students and others that are
initerested in particupating in the training.  Part of the
training is the hands-on use of an extinguisher on a set
demonistration fire.  We co-ordinate our training with the
local fire department.  We operate the training program on a
volunteer basis, not required as part of your job, but
people are told that if they do not go through the training
they are not to use extinguishers.  Those who do not attend
a trained session are to leave the area, pull the fire alarm
and assemble in a location close by to be certain everyone
is accounted for.

Greg Merkle
Senior Industrial Hygienist
Wright State University