PARTNERS Archives

December 2000

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Gaughan, Monica" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:15:21 -0500
Greetings all.
I am in my second year here at Oglethorpe, where I teach leadership, urban
sociology, social stratification, population, and in the traditional core
curriculum.  During the spring, I am teaching in the core and the urban
sociology course, in which I am incorporating service learning.  Therefore,
I will not be using the Partners course as a regular part of my curriculum.
However, in the waning days of the semester, I have identified a group of
diverse students who would like to participate as part of a once-a-week rap
group that I will facilitate.  We currently do not offer much in the way of
critical race/ethnicity pedagogy, and I am finding there is a lot of
interest.  I am looking forward to working with you all.
Monica

Monica Gaughan, Ph.D.
Director, Rich Foundation Urban Leadership Program
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Oglethorpe University
4484 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia  30319