PARTNERS Archives

December 2000

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Rodney Coates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:43:54 -0500
I would like to formally welcome all members of the newly formed Partners
List.  If you are receiving this email, you have indicated your desire to
be a faculty facilitator of Race and ethnic relations: Conflict Resolution
and the Internet.  As of this date, 18 Faculty Partners and Universities
have been identified.  Another 5-10 are considering participation.

While we prepare, I would like for those who are on the list to briefly
introduce yourselves to your fellow Partners.  This way, we can begin to
get to know each other, and early begin to develop the dialogue between the
Partners.

I shall Start:

My name is Rodney D. Coates. I guess i (along with Vince Parrillo) are
responsible for this course.  I have watched grow, worked out its bugs, and
continually have been amazed at its vitality and efficacy.  I am a
Professor at Miami University, where I teach this course, Stratification
and coordinate the Black Studies Program.  I have and continue to do
research and published in the field of race and ethnic relations.  I look
forward to coming semester and our collaboration.

rodney coates
For more of my poetry please check out

http://gw.cas.muohio.edu/umoja/www.ulbobo.com/umoja/index.html

umoja

only when lions have historians will hunting cease to be glorified

rodneyc..