PARTNERS Archives

February 2011

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:45:37 -0500
Hi Rodney,

Natasha (at the State University - Higher School of Economics in Moscow)and I (at George Mason University) have been linking our classes via telebridge (videoconferencing) technology every tuesday. On Thursdays, my class holds discussion among ourselves.  My students are also blogging each week and adding them to the international mix. After March 22nd, Natasha's course ends.  Our course continues until May 10th.  If there are other universities that are interested in partnering for some telebridged lectures, then we have some tuesdays open for that starting March 29th. We also record all of our joint lectures and discussions with Moscow, so I suppose thatcopies can be provided. This is not the same as a formal lecture that might be used in just any class, since it involves discussion and interaction between our two classes, but it might be interesting to others as well.

I am also involved in a working group (the Transnational and Transitional Justice Workshop, sponsored by our Center for Global Studies at GMU), which is hosting a semester long Global Justice film series.  My students are attending all four of the films, which also have a moderated discussion afterward.

Here are the films that we are showing this semester:
http://cgs.gmu.edu/ttjfilmseries2011.htm

If anyone is interested in seeing a copy of our syllabus, please contact me.

Best,

John

John G. Dale
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology and Anthropology,
Affiliate Faculty of the Institute for Conflict Analysis & Resolution,
Associate Faculty of the Center for Global Studies,
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, MS 3G5
Robinson Hall B, Rm. 314
Fairfax, Virginia 22030 USA