PARTNERS Archives

January 2011

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Lyndi N. Hewitt" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 07:31:04 -0800
Thanks to all who have been working through these details.  Personally, I'm

with Winnie on the discussion posts.  I really like the idea of using the

all students forum so that posts (and comments) from multiple institutions

are consolidated; although grading may be a little more challenging, I'll

need to read all the posts anyway in order to assess the quality of student

Also, I'd like to report a change in our level of participation (I'm not

sure if I can edit the document on the Ning site, so thought an email might

be better).  While Hofstra students will be participating in the discussion

forum, I'm not going to have them do a case study with students from partner

institutions.  This is the first time I'm teaching the course, which is a

graduate level course in a very new graduate program; I'm feeling a little

nervous about biting off more than I can chew.  If this level of

participation goes well, I hope to do more in the future.

Thanks again to all.  This is very exciting!

Best,

Lyndi

--

Lyndi Hewitt, PhD