PARTNERS Archives

December 2000

PARTNERS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Parrillo, Vince" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Partners Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:04:37 -0500
Hello, everyone.

We use two major sites for the conflict resolution course.

The first is our web site where links and readings are.  You find this by
going to http://www.wpunj.edu/cohss/sociology/soc399/
You should visit this site and check out all that is there.  If you have
suggestions, please let me know.  You will also find there a syllabus from
last year (I'll update that soon).  This syllabus gives you an idea of how
we teach that course here.  Naturally, you will use some or none of it,
depending on what your own course.

Later today I'll post the schools (as I know them) participating in Spring
2001.  If yours is not there, please let me know.

We will be using a software package called Blackboard for our conflict
resolution course.  Some of you may be familiar with this program.  If so,
you know it has a great many capabilities (chat room, discussion board,
announcements, e-mail, ways for instructors to store course documents, etc.)
My university (William Paterson University) will host this program and all
of you, no matter where you are, can use this program for your students and
course. This site is available at bb.wpunj.edu.

Here's how you sign yourself and your students up for Blackboard.

1.  Send NOW an e-mail to Robert Harris ([log in to unmask]).  Identify
yourself as an instructor at what school, give your e-mail address, and ask
him to register you on Blackboard as an instructor for the Internet conflict
resolution course.  He will confirm to you when he has done so.  This will
give you instructor access in the system.

2.  To register your students, you send him the list of student names (first
and last names) and their e-mail addresses.  He will then register them and
confirm those registrations.

3.  You and your students will be given a user name and password (you can
change your password after logging in, if you wish).

At the moment I do not have the files set up for the course, the reports,
the postings, or your course files.  That will occur within the next month.

If you have any special needs, suggestions for improving the course, or new
links, or anything, drop me a line.

Vince Parrillo