PHCREPS Archives

October 2006

PHCREPS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Vinita Bhaskar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vinita Bhaskar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:15:30 -0400
Hey Delegates!

I just had a meeting with the Director of Intramural Sports, Ruchelle
Dunwoody, and we are working on a FUN and EXCITING program for all the
sororities! It's going to be a great event to invite PNMs too and it will
occur closer to Recruitment!

What I need for all of you is to go to your execs with the two following
questions (the program will be in the afternoon, say like 1-4):

1. Would your chapter be interested in participating in an all-sorority
tournament involving indoor basketball and volleyball?  The rules would be
similar to Greek Week rules, and it would promote sisterhood among the
sorority community and would get our members more involved in SPORTS!!!!
Would your chapter have good attendance at this event, for participants
and non-participants?  The basketball teams would be 3 on 3, and the
volleyball would be teams of 8 (you can play with as few as 4, but up to
6, 2 are alternates to make 8).

2. Which of these dates works best for your chapter: Sunday November 19th
; Saturday December 2 or Sunday December 3rd.

What you would get out of this event would be similar to Greek Week (the
day of sports would be structured like Greek Week), so a sense of pride
and accomplishment! Just think of it as your workout for the day!

Please let me know what your execs think, I'm also sending this same thing
to your presidents. Thanks!

--
Vinita Bhaskar
Panhellenic Association VP of Chapter Development