PHLMAJORS Archives

November 2019

PHLMAJORS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nancy Eicher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Eicher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2019 10:50:30 -0500
Dear Humanities Students,

You are cordially invited to Coffee and Conversation with Professor Jenann Ismael tomorrow,  Thursday, Nov. 21 at 1:15 in the Bachelor Hall Reading Room  (337 BAC).

Food and drink will be provided.  We will have an informal conversation about philosophy, the humanities, time, and anything else of interest to you.

Professor Ismael (Columbia Univ.) is a philosopher of physics and metaphysics with an interest in the philosophy of mind.  Her papers address natural laws, probability and chance, temporality, modern physics, the problem of existence ("do you exist?"), death, and the question “should you study the humanities?”  I hope you can drop in tomorrow.

Best,

Tim Melley
Director of the Humanities Center and Professor of English