RESCOMP Archives

May 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 14:34:10 -0400
I've loaded the Partek Discovery Suite on the cluster.  This is an
environment for doing statistical analysis and visualization.  The license
is part of the OSC statewide license, but has an additional requirement.

Every principal investigator who wants to use the software has to complete a
form and return it to OSC.  There is a link to this on the documentation
page with instructions to e-mail us after they return the completed form to
OSC.  Robin has setup a group and restricted the permissions on the Partek
executables so that only people in the group can run it - others get a
permission denied error.  Once people let us know they have completed the
form, we'll have to check with OSC and then Robin can add them to the Partek
group.

I don't know how many people will want to use this, but wanted to explain it
before we start seeing e-mails about it!  I'm going to announce the
availability of it (and TotalView) to the cluster users list and the CACR
list.

Dave