RESCOMP Archives

May 2006

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, jaime combariza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 11:00:29 -0400
We do not have Ansys and we are not planning to get it. Some time
back I requested input for
software applications usage in particular Ansys. I was told by a
professor in Middletown
that he has a teaching license and did not use it for research. Thus
we stop any effort to
acquire Ansys. Sorry.

1 - You can request a startup account at OSC (Ohio Supercomputer
Center). It is 'free' for faculty
members:

http://grants.osc.edu/cgi-bin/grantapp/startup

Once you get an account you can use Ansys and other applications
there (http://www.osc.edu/hpc/software/engineering/index.shtml)

You can read about Ansys at OSC and what modules are available at:
http://www.osc.edu/hpc/software/apps/ansys.shtml

If you need help with the setup and using these resources we'll be
happy to provide support. Email us
at [log in to unmask],edu

2 - We are getting Comsol and you are listed as one of the potential
users. Unfortunately we do not
have a date where we will be installing the software on our local
cluster. However, if you need it right away
we can check with the company and see if we can have a trial or
evaluation license. Please let us know.
We are planning to get 3 licenses for the electromagnetics module

3 - We also have some other Engineering applications that you may
want to use. Matlab (14 toolboxes),
Abaqus, Altair Hyperworks