RESCOMP Archives

May 2007

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, David Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 11:09:23 -0400
OK, here is what I learned from Amit.

He is still generating these files, but hopes to start analyzing them on
Friday.  Once he has finished with the analysis he can delete most of them,
but would like to write them to tape, or some other permanent backup in case
he needs to do more work with them.  He said that if needed he can
re-generate the files, but it has taken almost three weeks to generate them,
so he would rather not have to do that.

Does this help with management of the backups?  Any thoughts on how to
provide a long-term/permanent backup of the files (Robin has already
suggested an external hard drive)?

If you need any more info or want to make changes to how these files are
backed up and want to make sure Amit is OK with them, let me know or just
e-mail him directly.

Dave