RESCOMP Archives

June 2011

RESCOMP@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Woods, David M. Dr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Research Computing Support <[log in to unmask]>, Woods, David M. Dr.
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:29:26 -0400
Hi,

  Have Dr. Lorigan visit http://netapps.muohio.edu/phpapps/grid/ .  Once he signs in with his Miami unique ID and password, there will be a button to "Add User".  If he clicks this, he can enter your unique ID to request an account for you.  Once he does this, your account will be available in about an hour.

  General documentation on using the cluster can be found at http://www.units.muohio.edu/uit/research/high-performance-computing/redhawk-cluster .  I'm also attaching documentation on using a PC package called NoMachine that we just implemented as an alternate way to work with graphical applications on the cluster.

  If you have any questions about using the cluster, need additional software installed, or needed more general help with computational aspects of your research, please let us know.

Dave

David Woods, Ph. D
Assistant Director for Research Computing
310K Laws Hall
Miami University
(513) 529-1857