RISE Archives

October 2017

RISE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 11:06:09 -0600
Members,

I write this to you with a heavy heart for our country and our people in every aspect.

I feel like every few days now I am seeing something in our great country that nearly brings tears to my eyes.

Yesterday I came home to my beloved Napa Valley to see some of our towns most treasured places, vineyards, homes burned to the ground.  Places I have had picnics or meetings, or dinners or homes I had jogged by or even condos owned by myself or my partners damaged, burned or simply rocked by these wild fires and literally completely burned to the ground.  A former neighbor of mine uploaded a video HERE of some of the destruction: http://cl.exct.net/?qs=732b0c638554abfbdac26595d8966feef701d11b9078e026bedccdd1556aac52096bd57d8a1b2184be104daf3a90ab3e

Driving around the city today it was apocalyptic , no cell phone service, smoke flooding the air not only through Napa but all surrounding towns and cities and a sense of almost calm chaos as thousands of evacuated residents and travelers made their way out of the city.

More than a dozen people now have died in these fires and hundreds of homes damaged or completely destroyed.  In addition to that some of our most treasured vineyards have burned to the ground or been damaged severely.

Local fire fighters have called it the "perfect storm" of conditions never before seen to inflict such damage, so quickly and so wide spread.
This is personal to me of course but this email is not just about Napa.  It's about all of us and everything that we have had to go through TOGETHER as a Nation the last few months.

I have felt these tragedies strongly it seems at every point and it makes you think of what a blessing it is everyday and how thankful we need to be for some of those little things that can sometimes go unnoticed in the busy flow of the day.

My mentor and one of my favorite people on this planet had to evacuate his home in Naples, FL as the eye of the hurricane came barreling down last month.  This is a man who constantly thinks of others to the point where I don't even know how his home made out because he won't discuss it his only focus is on moving forward and trying to help the people who are worse off than him.  I knew two people injured in the Las Vegas shooting last week, and all they and I could think of was how fortunate they were to not be among the 59 that died.

When you have a natural disaster, or an act of terror like the shooting that no one can really explain it makes you think, and often puts things in a perspective to be thankful for what we have, and instills in us a desire to come together and help those who are not as lucky to still have their home, or even worse those who lost their lives in any of these horrific events.

I am not telling you anything you don't already know, or anything you have not already thought for yourself.  I don't expect this email to be any profound revelation, but moreso I want to acknowledge the goodness of America, and of all of you for rallying around our people when they are in need.

The reality of it is that we are incredibly strong, resourceful and talented people.  We come together and out all else aside when we need to and I find that incredibly inspiring.

For me at least the moral of the story here is that maybe a Natural disaster doesn't need to happen for us to come together.  Maybe we can wake up every day and pray for our fellow people and have empathy and realize how lucky we are to be alive and healthy and have our way of life that we love and know.

It's easier said than done and the busy stresses and joys of life are made up to distract us from that common acknowledgement but, I am going to try and do my best to keep it my heart to care for everyone that I can and not need anymore tragedies to remind me of that.

I don't know if this email makes any sense.  I will be the first to tell you I am not a writer, but I am thankful to have you in my network, I am thankful for the small platform I do have and for some reason when I sat down to work tonight I was compelled to share this with you and honestly just to thank you for being you, and let you know how proud I am of you and our country. I hope and pray we can all continue to be there for each other, and put aside our silly differences for the common good of protecting and preserving our culture, our way of life and our home.

If you are local to the Napa area please email me - [log in to unmask] about what we can do together to help rebuild our cities.  I want to be as active in this as I possibly can both from a fundraising standpoint as well as my personal time.

If you are a victim of the hurricanes or the terror in Las Vegas please reach out to me as well.  I don't have all the answers but with great desire to do the right thing sometimes great things can happen and I promise you if there is anything I can do to help you or if there is anything WE can do to help others that need it, I will do my part.

Thank you again for being a part of my network and allowing me to communicate with you through these emails and hopefully our country will have a long period of happiness and prosperity.

-	Stephan Piscano

Update Your Profile: http://cl.exct.net/profile_center.aspx?qs=7b39852f3137d9bded6bad8301d08ea4eff795bd3fc5c43510373e427580e9a8fd6ff5480fdbe5199ac00df2dd072580Unsubscribe: http://cl.exct.net/unsub_center.aspx?qs=7b39852f3137d9bd96bc3ad621713515aa00ac5769295d79dc9adb4be48c68fb4e0ef98642b75513173aac6f92677523
Update Your Profile: http://cl.exct.net/profile_center.aspx?qs=7b39852f3137d9bded6bad8301d08ea4eff795bd3fc5c43510373e427580e9a8fd6ff5480fdbe5199ac00df2dd072580This email was sent by:
Legendary Coaching Inc
13213 Blue Sky re
Bella Vista, CA, 96703, US