SAKAIGOV Archives

November 2010

SAKAIGOV@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bruce D'Arcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
IT Services Sakai Gov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:44:28 -0400
I'm going to be blunt here, because I'm busy, and I want to get to the
point quickly.

Am I correct that Longsight recently told people here that:

1) IU is NOT running Assignment 2 in production (and therefore that we
shouldn't use it)?

2) that Georgia Tech had some major problems with Gradebook 2 (and
therefore we shouldn't use it)?

If this is true, both of these "facts" are wrong.

Well, to be specific, I confirmed that #1 is wrong (I talked to the
programmers and managers responsible for this directly at IU), and
have it on good authority #2 is wrong (we know the people there).

If this is true, then it suggests we need to be much more diligent
with fact checking what these consultants are telling us.

And it also means we need to call them on this and ask why they're
feeding us false information. The cynic in me wonders if they just
happen to have written their migration tools to work with A1 and GB1
and don't want to be bothered supporting other tools.

Bruce
--
Bruce D'Arcus
Associate Professor, Graduate Director