SCHOLEAD Archives

October 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nathan DeDino <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 12:03:32 -0500
Dear Stelliott Members:
Just another word of encouragement for those of you who were part of the
silent majority not present at the community council meeting but
represented by your friends and neighbors: Jon Nakamatsu, the 28 year
old winner of the Van Cliburn Piano Competition is playing in Hall
Auditorium at 8:00pm this coming Sunday, November 2.  This pianist, who
is not that much older than we are, is the first prize winner of
America's most prestigious and, indeed, one of the world's most
prestigious piano competitions.  We are very fortunate to have the honor
of being one of the concerts in the first few months of his tour after
winning this past summer.  Let's make sure that we fill up Hall.
Thanks,
Nathan DeDino

P.S. Stock tip of the day: Wait for the market to fall another few
hundred points before buying.  For those of you who worry, keep this in
mind -- the  market is still 10% ahead for this year.  One year ago,
many people didn't even think that we would be this far ahead.  Wait and
see, everything is going to be just fine, especially for the investor
who puts his or her money in now.
-----The statistics in this post script are not made up and are courtesy
of the web edition of the NY Times at www.nytimes.com