SCHOLEAD Archives

October 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:16:12 -0400
Considering the fact that our planning is forging ahead for the Memphis
trip, the Deliberative Communities group is taking this opportunity to
provide a complement to the trip through an activity called the "National
Issue Forum."  A Forum is a way to dig into a complex societal issue,
working toward resolution through other than solely political means.

The Deliberative Communities planning group is scheduling a Scholar Leader
retreat on the weekend of November 21-22 to prepare for the January Plunge
trip.    We will start on Friday night, the 21st, with a general briefing
about the trip and introduuction to the NIF process.  Then on the 22nd we
will conduct the NIF Forum from 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.  Please block this
weekend time out to participate.

The Deliberative Communities group will continue its planning this
Thursday, October 30, at 7:00 p.m. in the Stoddard living room.  Anyone is
welcome to join in the planing.

In addition to the next meeting date, the planning group is going to the
Kettering HQs in Dayton on Thursday, November 13, to see the facility and
get pointers about how to proceed.  We will leave at 1:00 p.m. and return
around 5:00 p.m.  If you're interested, please let us know and we'll make
room in the van.

Get involved -- this is really a great opportunity to learn about how to
turn our political convictions into constructive action!!

Later,
Denny

Dennis C. Roberts
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
111 Warfield Hall
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
(513) 529-3435