SCHOLEAD Archives

December 1997

SCHOLEAD@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Josh Pack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scholar Leaders at Miami University (Ohio USA)
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 14:47:02 -0500
Hi everyone:

        For those of you who don't know, I have an internship at American
Municipal Power in Columbus next semester.  I will be an "Environmental
Affairs Intern".  I like the sound of that.  I will be working in air
pollution control and stuff.  I won't be lonely because my best high
school friends go to OSU.  I will be taking a night class as well.

        This has been my favorite semester at Miami.  I have learned a lot
in this community and I have made some wonderful new friends.  Needless to
say, I have mixed emotions about going to Columbus.  I will definitely
miss you all.  Hugs with Laura, window jumping with Bracy, fine dining and
D+D with Kate, Kyle, Michelle, and Jon, Civilization, chimp wars,
discussions, and 100m dashes with Jon, talks, bike riding, and running
with my next roomate, Jim Little, guitar, blowguns, and moose calls with
Joe, Dave, Drew and Kirk, Chinese food, Organic, jump starting, and talks
with Ali, rides to Bloom with the still elusive Adam VanAuken, great talks
on life with Nate E., capture the flag with Amy, Nick, Nathan D., Mike Z.,
Dave S., Bob, and whoever else was down there, reminiscing about Europe
with Michelle R., my hit and run surprise birthday party, juggling and
noodles with Joe (what a dancer), the Halloween Ball, the formal, the
forum, Grailville (did I spell that right?), dating tips for Andy P., a
near
miss of Jocelyn with her hair dyed for my first venture to the 2nd floor
of Stoddard :), talks on The Who, the Stones, the Boss, and Clapton with
Bob, Potato Knocci with Erica, insults that were somehow friendly from
Todd S., scolding Kyle about his wastefulness, Grailville revisited with
Matt M. and Jim L., the other Matt's mother's rice (very good by the way),
tag with Rhia, laughs at dinner with Elizabeth and Elin, Erwin Sung ladies
and gentlemen, mailbox hellos from Roger, physics and a good talk on
Promise Keepers with Janice, Tara's Lacrosse demo, Anna, Annie, and
Annies' smiles, Jimmy's multi-outlet adapter thing...  Man, that was work.

        Anyway, I have some good memories.  Thank you.

        I think that Stelliot is meant to be a dynamic force.  We are
constantly trying to decide if our purpose is to accomplish, exemplify, or
discover something.  Many of us agree that it should be a balance between
all three of these.  My comments are these: If you decide what the Scholar
Leader Program is to you, you should strive to be that without letting
this wonderful year of your life slip by.  Schedule your time so you can
give what you can and don't try to be Stelliot by yourself.  Don't just
talk to each other, listen to each other.  Realize what great people you
are living with and cherish them.  Finally, don't worry, be happy.

        I will be back next fall and graduate sometime in 99-2000.  I also
hope to come back to Oxford a few times this spring.  Let me know what is
up with the Forum that will hopefully be on Natural Resources, any dances
or big things like that.  I will send you my Columbus address when I have
it.

                                Love,

                                Josh Pack