SUM-INST Archives

July 1996

SUM-INST@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Gary Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miami University Middletown Summer Institute <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 14:56:42 -0400
I have scheduled as a part of the afternoon programming, presentations and
discussions by faculty who participated in this year's Summer Institute.
Please contact me to be scheduled. Thanks for all  your help.
======================================
You are invited to attend the 7th annual opening workshop for faculty and
unclassified staff:

"Teaching with Technology"

on August 20th, from 9:00AM -4:30PM in the Dave Finkleman Auditorium lobby

This year's workshop will open with refreshments in the Dave Finkleman
Auditorium Lobby, followed by introductory remarks and workshop programs
from 9:00AM to noon. At noon we will break for lunch in the Green Room of
DFA and will return for more workshop programs from 1:00PM to 4:30PM. You
are invited to participate in any or all of the programs throughout the
day.

The workshop features an overview of the various issues related to teaching
with technology, what is occurring elsewhere around the country (and
world), and opportunities to explore specific problems/opportunities
associated with the challenge of technology. Central to the workshop is the
presentation and discussions led by Scott Siddall, Professor and Director
of Academic Computing at Kenyon College, as well as presentations by
faculty who participated in the first annual Summer Institute on Teaching
with Technology earlier this summer.

I hope that you will be able to attend this year's informative and
enjoyable workshop. In order to have an accurate count for lunch, please
RSVP your attendance to Tracie Jones by August 15 at extension 7-3234. You
may respond also by email to TLJONES or in person by stopping by the
Faculty Secretary's Office in Johnston Hall.

Gary Wheeler
Associate Executive Director
Miami University Middletown
4200 E. University Blvd.