SWE Archives

May 2001

SWE@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Alison Haskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 09:04:52 -0400
Ladies,  Here are several items that may be of interest to you. Remember
also to RSVP to Reiko Yoshida at 513.983.3076 (w) or [log in to unmask] by
Thursday, May 24,  for the outing to the Newport Aquarium, Sunday, June 3,
2001, 10:00 AM - Noon.

And return your vote for local officers to Carolina Parrinelli soon.

1) SWE: Judging of the SWE Strategic Communication Award

2) Interview for Trade Magazine article RE: engineering/technical
opportunities being created in the energy/power industry

3) SWE Strategic Planning web page

4) Southwestern Ohio chapter of the Society for Technical Communication
Wednesday, May 23, 2001, Hamilton OH

5) AFMC-DPAAS Conference on "Planning for Future Air Force Warfighting
Systems.Opportunities and Challenges", Dayton, OH 12-13 June 2001

6) 12th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists (ICWES)
Ottawa, Canada July 27-31, 2002
If you may be attending the Conference and would be interested in
participating in a golf tournament, please let Kathleen F. Harer
<[log in to unmask]> know by May 15 so she can pass the information on to
the organizers.

===================================
Wed 05/09/2001 09:35 PM

SWE: Judging of the SWE Strategic Communication Award

Interested in reading what other sections have accomplished around public
relations and communications??  Then judging this year's Strategic
Communication submissions is for you!!!

I am looking for interested and / or willing individuals  to help judge this
year's Strategic Communication submissions.  I have received
submissions from the following sections:

     Small:
          Pikes Peak
          Wichita

     Medium:
          Sierra Foothills
          Southwest Texas
          Minnesota
          Orange County
          Space Coast

     Large:
          New Jersey
          Santa Clara  Valley
          Chicago
          Detroit

It is pretty simple.... I will send a copy of each of the above to you.  I
have a form made up that you check off as  you read through them to ensure
that they have included certain items.  Then for each category (S, M, L) you
rank them in order of most deserving to least of receiving an award.
When you are complete you send me your ranking and I do the rest.   I need 4
judges besides myself.  The only exception is if you are a member of any of
the sections listed above I don't think it would appropriate for you to
judge.  Please let me know in the next couple of days if you are interested
and able to help.

Thanks!
Ronna  Robertson Frazier

Interview for Trade Magazine article RE: engineering/technical opportunities
being created in the energy/power industry

Randy is looking for input for her article.  Anyone who wouldn't mind giving
input is asked to contact Randy before May 15th.

Linette Patterson
Career Guidance Chair
Society of Women Engineers
work: 918-573-7981