THEDRUM Archives

November 2000

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Paul Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Drum: Black World Studies at Miami University
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:05:27 -0400
Rodney--

I will agree to do a lecture--I ask that we arrange a time so it does not
occur when I am having an opening night 0r will be out of town.

>For the 4th year BWS is pleased to offer the BWS265: Penny Lecture Series.
>Briefly, For those who are unaware of this series, this provides faculty
>affiliated with BWS to discuss their current research, pedagogical
>concerns, or areas of interests.  It affords the students an opportunity to
>see the breath, variety, and excellence associated with Black World Studies
>here at Miami.  The course, only 1 hour, is intended to just open various
>discussions and peak student interests.  Implicitly the Penny Lecture
>Series serves as a recruitment tool for the Program.  For you part, I would
>like to  I would like to invite each of you to consider doing 1 lecture for
>our Penny Lecture Series offered this spring. (By the way:The course meets
>on the 1st and 3rd Monday's --6-8pm on the Oxford campus).  You would then
>be required to read and assign a grade to one set of response papers that
>students in attendance would submit to you.  These grades are then gathered
>by me, and at the end of the semester, I award a grade.  This course is
>pass/fail.
>
>And for your efforts, you will receive a Penny, hence the name of the
>course.  Within the next week, K. Adams (our secretary) will be contacting
>you to ascertain your availability for this wonderful course.  Please say yes.
>
>  thanks..rodneycoates
>For more of my poetry please check out
>
>http://gw.cas.muohio.edu/umoja/www.ulbobo.com/umoja/index.html
>
>umoja
>
>only when lions have historians will hunting cease to be glorified
>
>rodneyc..

Dr. Paul K. Jackson. Professor and Chair
Department of Theatre
131 CPA
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056