THEDRUM Archives

August 2011

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Saine, Abdoulaye" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Saine, Abdoulaye
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:38:41 -0400
Colleagues,

The attached article (with two former students) appears in the recent issue of Africa Insight and addresses China's growing economic engangement and presence in Africa- a hot scholarly topic in African Studies/ political economy. It redirects /recasts the debate into looking at strategies and policies that place African, rather than Chinese interests at the center of this relations.

No need to send a congratulatory note to the listserv- we know you all are happy for us. Comments and questions, however, could be sent to my Miami email account.

With best wishes,
Abdoulaye