THEDRUM Archives

June 2006

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:44:48 -0400
With This Ring
Rodneyc//05

With this ring,
I pledge my love,
My life, and my purpose
From now till death closes
My eyes forever.

With this ring,
I acknowledge my inability
To live without you, my unwillingness
To be without you, and my desire to
Forever honor, love and adore you.

With this ring,
My life now unfolds, my existence is now
Clear, my completeness is now coupled with
That of yours, and as two we venture into
The waters, off the ship of complacency into the
Deep, where a new peace, joy and wonder are revealed.

With this ring,
I cover you, and you me, we share a covenant where
God reigns, Love rules, and We seek to be One, thus
One joins Two, where Three walk the path of life as One.
As a we, I present you this ring*