THEDRUM Archives

January 2006

THEDRUM@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RODNEY COATES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:37:42 -0500
thanks Percy...r

>>> "Percy Jenkins" <[log in to unmask]> 1/25/2006 2:33:16 PM

Good afternoon to My Miami Family,

I received the following information today.  Please pass it to any
students or organization that you feel could benefit from this
opportunity.
Have a great Miami day!!!

Thanks

Percy Jenkins, Ed.S.
School Psychologist
Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies
1908 Seymore Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45237
363-1813

>>> Chenise Crump <[log in to unmask]> 1/25/2006 2:03:33 PM >>>

Subject: Internship: Please pass on

The Institute for Responsible Citizenship is currently accepting
applications for its summer program at Georgetown University in
Washington,
DC. Each summer, twelve of the most promising young black  male
sophomores
in the country are given the chance to travel to the nation's capital
and
engage in prestigious internships while taking rigorous classes at
Georgetown. The courses in government and economics are designed to
provide
these young men with the skills necessary to critically analyze the!
world's problems while adhering to a deep respect for civil liberties.
Each
scholar in our program has an internship arranged for him according to
his
skills and interests. When the students are not in class or at work,
they
are often called upon to attend social functions designed to help them
network in their field. Personal meetings with such leaders as
BarackObama,
John Lewis, and Clarence Thomas are made possible by the  intimate
nature
of the p! rogram.
The eight week program runs from June 4 - July 29 and is a two-summer
commitment. Tuition and housing are paid for by the Institute, while
students are expected to pay for their transportation and food.     In
addition, those not placed in paid internships will receive a stipend
in
the amount of $2500. While there are no major requirements, the
program
focuses on attracting young men interested in the fields of law,
politics,
business, academics, and the ministry. You should be a  sophomore to
apply,
however, juniors are considered if they are committed to attending
graduate
or professional school directly following their senior year.  More
information, along with the application, can be found on the web at <
http://www.i4rc.org/ <http://www.i4rc.org/> >. The application
deadline
is
February 1, 2006.

Contact Adam Barr at (202) 659-2831 with questions. He can also be
reached
by email at < mailto:[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> >. If you
need
to reach him before January 23, when he returns to the office, he can
be
reached on  his cell phone at (202) 281-0755.

Adam L. Barr

Institute for Responsible Citizenship

1227 25th Street, NW Sixth Floor

Washington, DC 20037